Monday 23 June 2014

Durian Buffet, Pahang Durian SS2


It's just so darn hot these days! Whether it is during afternoon or even at night it's so so so hot and stuffy. Everyone's complaining about the heat BUT when it's hot it means that it's also Durian buffet time!!!! I think someone told me before that durian season is a really warm season. That's why its a heaty fruit. So during rainy seasons, you might still be able to find some but of course with watery flesh.

The durian season has just begun so I quickly haul my sis there for a treat before she goes back to our hometown. Anyone interested in Durian Buffet (which generally in Malaysia means eat till super full or till you puke) can always drive your way to SS2/65

There are three durian stalls around that corner offering durian buffet: Pahang Durian, Donald's Durian and SS2 Durian. 



Pahang Durian Stall

Durian buffet starts from
  • RM9- Durian kampung. For those who wants cheap durians to lepas gian. Flesh would be super thin though.
  • RM15- Better durians like Musang King and the likes.
  • RM20- For the best durians I suppose like XO maybe?

Wanted to just get the RM9 durian buffet but they ran out of cheap durians. SS2 Durian stall had only super good durians i.e. RM20 so we decided to opt for the RM15 ones at Pahang Durian Stall.

RM15 is good enough please! You get rounds and rounds of thick flesh, bitter sweet heaty durian with RM15! I wouldn't opt for the RM20, that's just crazy- imagine thick flesh, bitter sweet heaty durian x5


Yellow flesh- Musang King Durian

I love durian but I can't differentiate them. As in if the man asked me which type of durian I want I'll just tell him I like thick flesh, bitter sweet one. Wouldn't be able to point out their names. One that I'm sure I like is the Musang King (yellow flesh, front, in the picture) because it tasted sooooo high quality. 

Just one bite and you can feel a sore throat coming right up, haha. Can't eat too much of those I suppose. Then we had two less heaty durian (pale flesh, behind, picture). By less heaty I mean it didn't had that wave of heaty feeling like the Musang King.

The pale flesh durian was sweeter and less fleshy but it had this very strong ammonia taste on your tongue that it kind of burns a little. 

Basket full of durian shells/ seeds.

To reduce heatiness we drink salt water in durian shell!

This is most essential for me because my body is already the very heaty type so I anticipated at least 2 new ulcers after the durian buffet:S So glad they provided salt on the table, squeeze them out onto the shell add water and slurp!!



If you don't want your hand to stink of Durian...

Use durian shell- wash your hands using water which runs through the shell!

No picture of that because both hands were too dirty. You can google image "How to wash hand using durian shell" if you think this is facinating:P

No comments:

Post a Comment